Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another random post. But I do have to say that when I decided to do a blog, I really didn't want it to be Wall of Torn Advertisements. I mean I super love all that I create for (I mean really, how lucky am I!!). But what I really want to explore is my artistic adventure. So on to my latest adventure:

It's been years since I sketched. Like 20 years maybe. But I've been inspired -

The Sketchbook Project
So for my birthday, I've signed up. I'm joining in and hoping for the best. Sure there is amazing artists joining in, sure the Brooklyn Gallery will be displaying it for all to see, but I'm stepping out naked and not perfect making the plunge.

And I'm so so very excited. My theme for the book is "I'm Sorry I Forgot You". I totally relate to this topic. I was totally traumatized by my parents forgetting me once and have since left my daughter somewhere. I know what sorry is! But I'm not sketching this rather personally tragic but publicly boring idea. Instead I have come up with some other ideas
- Sketch all the things I have left behind as I've aged (like perky boobs)
- "Forget" the book everywhere and let others sketch (this feels like cheating)
- Sketch a love letter to my DH (which feels a little odd since I doubt he would love it)
- Sketch a landfill will all kinds of junk left behind (maybe sketch it aging with somethings going back to the earth and some not) (This one feels pretty fake to since I don't recycle)

If you are reading this (and I'm not sure you are) let me know which one you like best!

So Yes I know I am an amateur so no heckling please (unless it is really funny, cause you know I love to laugh!):

Practice 8/3/10

Check out the web site. Super cool!! I could look at all the sketches forever. (well not mine, lol.) If you join in, or are blogging/flickr let me know. I would love company.

1 comment:

  1. yay good on you Claire! I think that is so awesome and I if I could sketch I would be so in! Will check out their site too. Love all your ideas too...I know that doesn't help! sorry! lol

    ReplyDelete