Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Never Promised Pretty

Well week two of Traci Bautista's class at Strathmore did not turn out quite to my liking. She had us working with watercolors. And strangely enough, although I have tons of art stuff (more than DH would like) I never quite have all I want. So I ran out to Joann's and used the GC I got for Christmas (thanks MOM!) and bought some huge (smaller than called for) Mixed Media paper, some grown up watercolors (you know in the tubes) and some paint brushes. I LOVE me some new art supplies. They hold such promise!

With my brand new art supplies in hand, I watched the video one more time (and of course adored the work she produced) and got down to business. Ta da....

Confident in my abilities, I actually did two at the same time:

And so ummm....no comments from the peanut gallery this week. Yeah. I wasn't thrilled with these either. I am not a fan of the color scheme (did I say color and I do not usually agree...I think I did) and although I kinda like the themes and some of the doodles, the whole pieces feel amateurish.

And so, it's taken me a few weeks to pick up the pieces on the art journaling thing. I do have plans for this though. (but never enough time.) And so I will pick up my brush and try again...on to week 3.

1 comment:

  1. Claire! i love this! although I can relate to the "not being what you envisioned feeling so you are not pleased" thing. so take it from me, since I wasn't privy to your vision and just take it as it is, It's fantastic.! plus every effort in art, gets you closer to the it coming out like you envision! so keep it up! wyowomanKristin

    ReplyDelete