Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Project Life #1 Post

Well we are off to a rolling start with Project Life. Got last week documented, pictures taken, laid out, etc!! And here is the result:


I totally tried to keep it simple this week. One of the things that really worked for me was to leave a card out that had a running list of all the weeks highlights. This is something I will totally do every week just to keep me balanced while life is moving at a fast pace around here. It also helped me to separate the mundane from the things that we will want to remember.

When it came to putting the whole thing together, I definitely need to streamline somethings. For one thing, I will probably take 15 minutes or so sometime during the week to do the Date Card.

This gave me a little chance to play with my Tattered Angels Misters and some Heidi Swapp Ghost letters.

And although for the most part I went with Becky's standard kit (Turquoise Edition) I did add a few additional pieces of my own. This piece is a little piece of my daughters art work. She loves using the rotating bed to make circles so I have a million of these and did not mind embellishing with a sewn heart and a few descriptive words.

I have a feeling it will be hard to remember to put in small bits of paper and life that pass our way. But I'm looking forward to playing with them, when I do remember.

Finally I totally adored using my digital stash to add to the joy. I will have to do a further post on this as there is lots of fun things to use. For this project, I used Nancy Rowe's Dreamy Photos 1 to enhance my picture of the back porch and crab legs for New Years. I just love that grungy and contrasty look for photos that ordinarily would be kind of boring. In addition, I knew that I needed one more small pocket to fill, so I grabbed Lisa Sisneros Embrace Kit cause I knew she had some outstanding word art.

I made an easy block template in PSE, so adding my pictures or digital art work would be easy peasy. I will share more on that as well probably tomorrow.

So there you go. It is just a beginning and I have to admit, I'm so not feel entirely sure footed with this all, but I did enjoy myself and look forward to next week.

3 comments:

  1. Great beginning to your album Claire! Good job incorporating digi stuff and writing stuff down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow this is awesome, Claire! I love hearing about your process and this spread is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete