Friday, January 27, 2012

Project Life Week 2 - The Bad Made Good

Well yes...I suppose I did loose a week somewhere. Completed week 2 of the art journaling and now week 2 of Project Life. At this rate, I'm right on time according to life by Claire.

Anywho...
The complicated thing about this week was the lack of photos. I don't know what happened but about the time Thursday rolled around, I realized I was gettin' a little lazy with the camera. What this meant ultimately was I would need more filler.

Now filler seems odd to me. I mean I am spending my hard earned time on this right. So I want every little part of it to have some meaning. I am not sure I will like "filler" later. So what I concentrated on instead was making the story bigger and better.
Filler Ideas --
1. In the first picture, I used the Facebook Logo, downloaded directly from my computer. Facebook is a big part of our lives (for better or for worse) and little Rosie wants to be a part of that phenomenon. Now I am not saying you should just download whatever you want from the internet. Make sure you are not violating any copywrite laws. But you could do the same thing by scanning in packaging logos. Then you can blow them up or reduce them down.

2. The second picture really did not need any extensive journaling. I just wanted to convey how cute my oldest and youngest were together. So I grabbed some of my fav. digital images and put it all together. (In case you are wondering. Creashens- Three Little Birds rocks my boat.)

3. The third picture is an example where I expanded on a story already in my highlights. I actually did not take that picture the day she got her Ocarina in the mail, but who really needs to know that.

4. This picture is a demonstration of hidden journaling. I really wanted to document my feelings about my son's wrestling experience that week. But I wanted these feelings to not be quite so out in the open. So again I turned to my digital stash, folded it in half and sewed two sides. You could also totally fold a larger Project Life Kit card in two and sew two sides too. I wanted to be able to access the journaling easily, so I put this in a top loading pocket. However, if you really wanted to keep things private, you could require the reader to pull the whole thing out.

Well I hope my fail at picture taking on Week 2 has inspired you to think about how to fill those pages when you too forget the camera. (I'm not the only one right...?!)

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas and thanks for sharing. I love hidden journaling and creating only digital scrapbooking doesn't allow me to do it so. :(

    ReplyDelete